Field Trip Reservations
A cockroach can live for several weeks without its head.
Schedule Field Trips in a Flash
To schedule and receive school group rates and programming, you must have 10 or more students and reserve and submit the reservation form 2 weeks in advance.
Field Trip Information
- Teachers are encouraged to contact Sci-Port’s education staff to plan their field trip. Sci-Port experts will help select the right programs, maximize time, and make amazing connections between curriculum standards and permanent exhibit galleries
- Program scheduling may be limited from March thru May due to the high volume of visits we typically experience during that time. Please advise the reservations team if there is preferred programming for the group.
- Programs occur between 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Groups may arrive early and stay until the end of the day
- Title I funding is available only to Caddo Parish Schools for the 2021 – 2022 school year as per regulations set in place by grant funding guidelines. Questions about eligibility can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact us at least 3 days before your visit for changes in your group size of more than ten students
Please have the following information available when you contact Sci-Port for Reservations.
- Contact information: Lead educator, school address, phone, fax, and email.
- Attendees: Grade level(s), number of students, number of teachers and number of chaperones. Sci-Port requires a minimum of one chaperone for every 10 students to escort your students during their visit.
- Dates and times: Visit date, alternate date, arrival time and departure time.
- Program Choices: Review our Program Offerings and have your choices ready.
- Special needs: Please notify us of any special needs your students may have.
- Lunch: Inside lunchroom seating is reserved for classes ordering from “A Stones Throw’s Café”. Those bringing their own lunches may be able to use our café seating area (dependent on availability), use outside seating around Sci-Port, or find seating across the street on the riverfront. Sci-Port will try to accommodate you in the case of inclement weather but cannot guarantee a seating area unless lunches have been purchased. For a menu and ordering information, please go to Lunch Offerings.
When You Arrive
- Have a final headcount of all attendees, including chaperones and teachers/school staff, ready for check-in.
- Combine money into one group payment and designate a representative to make that payment. Sci-Port accepts school checks, major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover) or cash. No envelopes with loose change, please.