School Hours and Pricing
Did You Know?
Animals don’t turn into fossils unless they’re buried soon after they die.
School Group Fieldtrip Hours
Sci-Port Discovery Center’s hosts fieldtrips Wednesday through Friday* from 9 am till 2 pm. Programs** take place between 10 am and 2 pm on the day of your visit.
*It is possible to schedule a fieldtrips Saturday-Tuesday, but certain requirements must be met. Please email us at Reservations@sciport.org to discuss your options.
**Scheduling a requested program may not always be possible from March thru May due to the high volume of visits we typically experience during that time. If you strongly desire to have programs for your group visit, please let us know when reserving.
School Group Pricing
Groups containing 10 or more students that book 2 weeks in advance qualify for the following rates:
- Admission: $8/student, $8/chaperone; for educators/schools staff, we allow 1 teacher/10 students (up to a maximum of 12 teachers/school) in free. (Adults with groups that are not associated with a school do not qualify for the free adult-student ratio discount)
- IMAX only: $4/person (students, teachers, and chaperones)
- Admission & IMAX Combo: $12/student, $12/chaperone
- Adventure of Intrigue: $3/students, $3/chaperone
- SnoPort: $5/students, $10/chaperone
- Admissions Assistance may be available for your school group. Please send inquires to Grants@sciport.org.
- One week notice is requested for cancellations. Cancellations with less notice incur a $40 administrative fee. Weather-related cancellations are the exception and will be rescheduled at no extra charge.
- When arriving, have your money combined into one group payment (including student and chaperone fees) and designate a representative to make that payment at the Visitor Services desk. Sci-Port prefers school checks made out to “Red River STEM” but also accepts major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover) or cash. No envelopes with loose change, please.
- If you wish to be invoiced, please contact our Mary Jo Henderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (318) 424-3466.