Scheduling Your School Group Visit
Did You Know?
There are between 100,000,000,000 and 1,000,000,000,000 stars in an average galaxy.
To schedule and receive school group rates and programming, you must have 10 or more students and book 2 weeks before the day you wish to visit.
- All teachers planning a field trip to Sci-Port are encouraged to contact one of our education staff to help you plan your field trip. You’ll learn how to maximize your visit and discover amazing connections between curriculum standards and our permanent exhibit galleries as well as find out which programs are right for you and your classroom.
- As part of the general admission your itinerary may* include one 30-minute Planetarium program, one 30-minute small group program, and free exploration of our exhibit galleries and the PoP Children’s Museum (NOTE: PoP is available for birth – 2nd grade only). You may add on an IMAX show for an additional cost.
*Scheduling a program may not always be possible from March thru May due to the high volume of visits we typically experience during that time. If you strongly desire to have programs for your group visit, please let us know when reserving.
- Select your programs from the Program Offerings. Programs occur between 10 am – 2 pm on the day of your visit. Your group may arrive early (doors open at 9 am) and you may depart at any time up till 5 pm.
- Title I funding is available only to Caddo Parish Schools for the 2020 school year as per regulations set in place by grant funding guidelines. Questions about eligibility can be sent to email@example.com.
Assemble the following information before calling to reserve your field trip:
- Contact information: Lead educator, school address, phone, fax, and email.
- Attendees: Grade level(s), number of students, number of teachers and number of chaperones. Sci-Port requires a minimum of one chaperone for every 10 students to escort your students during their visit.
- Dates and times: Visit date, alternate date, arrival time and departure time.
- Program Choices: Review our Program Offerings and have your choices ready.
- Special needs: Please notify us of any special needs your students may have.
- Lunch: Inside lunchroom seating is reserved for classes ordering from “A Stones Throw’s Café”. Those bringing their own lunches may be able to use our café seating area (dependent on availability), use outside seating around Sci-Port, or find seating across the street on the riverfront. Sci-Port will try to accommodate you in the case of inclement weather but cannot guarantee a seating area unless lunches have been purchased. For a menu and ordering information, please go to Lunch Offerings.
- When you are ready, call (318) 424-3466 and ask for Reservations to book your fieldtrip.
NOTE: Please contact us at least 3 days before your visit for changes in your group size of more than ten students.
- Have a final headcount of all attendees, including chaperones and teachers/school staff, ready for check-in.
- Combine money into one group payment and designate a representative to make that payment. Sci-Port accepts school checks, major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover) or cash. No envelopes with loose change, please.
- Let us know how we can improve your next visit and evaluate our programs using the School Visit Survey provided by Sci-Port staff.