- This event has passed.
Sno-Port: The Science and Wonder of Snowflakes
December 18, 2019
Sno-Port: The Science and Wonder of Snowflakes exhibition was created by Apex Communications and Events, in conjunction with a variety of local fabricating, lighting and engineering professionals. In preparation to meet the emerging educational demands of STEM in local and national education,the team has developed activities which highlight a variety of science fields,including geoscience, biology, physics, mathematics, architecture, engineering,computer science, and chemistry. Sno-Port consists of a variety of interactive snow and ice-themed exhibits, displays, and games as well information about the science and wonder of snow and snowflakes for visitors of all ages.
Interactive games and activities include:
- The Red River Rocket Sled: Feel the excitement and take-off with the sensation of the cool wind on your face as you trek your way through a virtual reality blizzard in downtown Shreveport and Bossier City inside our Space Dome Planetarium!
- Blizzard Tunnel: Transform into a snowflake as you enter into the exhibit.
- Make A Flake: Make a snowflake as individual as you are to hang in the ceiling with hundreds of other snowflakes.
- Ice Fishing: Grab a pole and go fishing in an animated ice pond. View virtual reality fish as they swim under the surface.
- Snow Chair Lift: How high can you pump up your ski lift chair?
- Snowball Castle: Toss a “snowball” into the windows of the snow-covered castle to initiate a series of bells.
- There’s No Place Like Igloo: Chill out in an inflatable igloo while you create your own igloo or other creations with “ice” blocks.
- Snowglobe Discovery: Discover the inner workings of a giant snow globe.
- Wednesday – 9 a – 5 p
- Thursday – Saturday – 9 a – 8 p
- Sunday – 12 – 5 p
- General Public
- Sci-Port Members – All ages over 1 yr: $5
- Non-Members – Sno-Port only: Adults: $12; Children ages 1 -12: $5; Under 1 yr: Free
- Non-Members – Combo ticket (Science Center, PoP, and Sno-Port): Adults: $20; Children ages 1-12: $15; Under 1 yr: Free
- Schools and Groups with 10 or more people
- Sno-Port only: Students: $3; Adults: $10*
- Combo ticket (Science Center, PoP, and Sno-Port): Students: $13; Adults: $15*
*1 teacher/10 students up to a maximum of 12 teachers/school are free.
Corporate pricing information available upon request.
Need Fieldtrip/Group Admissions Assistance? If you live in Caddo Parish, you may qualify. Inquire with Reservations.