Table Top Fun
Did You Know?
Fossilized dinosaur poop is called coprolite.
Our interactive Table Top science activities are the perfect way to invigorate any festival, fair, or other school or public event, whether you are hoping to reinforce a particular science topic or to simply create a fun, educationally-valid experience! Table Top Fun activities come in two categories, Standard Programs and Deluxe Programs which contain a more supply-intensive make-it-take-it component.
Time per program: 60 minutes Accommodates: Up to 100 Fees: 1st Program $100, each additional consecutive program $50
- Skulls and Fur – Learn about animals native to Louisiana! By looking at their skulls and fur, examining their adaptations and defenses, students will learn what these animals need to survive. Touching allowed!
- Be a Conductor – Find out if the human body conducts electricity!
- Straw Rockets – Learn about rocketry and propulsion by building your air-powered straw rocket.
- Planispheres – Make your own star chart to take home!
- Whirly Birds – Spin into the history books with the world’s earliest helicopters, creating a modern day version to take home.
- Celestial Conga – Model the cosmic dance as the earth revolves around the sun and the moon revolves around the earth.
- Buzzing Balloons – Learn about sound with this fun activity.
Time per program: 60 minutes Accommodates: Up to 100 Fees: 1st Program $200, each additional consecutive program $150
- Ooey Gooey Gloop – Students will use inquiry skills to create a polymer that can be taken home.
- Oreo Cookie Moon Phases – Why does the moon’s appearance change over time? You will learn why in this delicious activity.
- UV Bracelets & Sunprints – Make a bracelet to detect UV radiation and create a picture using ultraviolet radiation from the Sun.
- Organs on Parade – Learn about the structure and function of the brain, heart and lungs by comparing and contrasting between sheep, shark, cow and human organs.