Table Top Fun
Did You Know?
According to an old English system of time units, a moment is one and a half minutes.
Our interactive Table Top science activities are the perfect way to invigorate any festival, fair, or other school or public event, whether you are hoping to reinforce a particular science topic or to simply create a fun, educationally-valid experience! Table Top Fun activities come in two categories, Standard Programs and Deluxe Programs which contain a more supply-intensive make-it-take-it component.
Time per program: 60 minutes Accommodates: Up to 100 Fees: 1st Program $100, each additional consecutive program $50
- Skulls and Fur – Learn about animals native to Louisiana! By looking at their skulls and fur, examining their adaptations and defenses, students will learn what these animals need to survive. Touching allowed!
- Be a Conductor – Find out if the human body conducts electricity!
- Straw Rockets – Learn about rocketry and propulsion by building your air-powered straw rocket.
- Planispheres – Make your own star chart to take home!
- Whirly Birds – Spin into the history books with the world’s earliest helicopters, creating a modern day version to take home.
- Celestial Conga – Model the cosmic dance as the earth revolves around the sun and the moon revolves around the earth.
- Buzzing Balloons – Learn about sound with this fun activity.
Time per program: 60 minutes Accommodates: Up to 100 Fees: 1st Program $200, each additional consecutive program $150
- Ooey Gooey Gloop – Students will use inquiry skills to create a polymer that can be taken home.
- Oreo Cookie Moon Phases – Why does the moon’s appearance change over time? You will learn why in this delicious activity.
- UV Bracelets & Sunprints – Make a bracelet to detect UV radiation and create a picture using ultraviolet radiation from the Sun.
- Organs on Parade – Learn about the structure and function of the brain, heart and lungs by comparing and contrasting between sheep, shark, cow and human organs.